Chris earned his law degree from the Florida State University College of Law where he graduated magna cum laude, was inducted into the Order of the Coif, earned three book awards, and was a member of the Business Review and the Journal of Transnational Law & Policy. Prior to attending law school, Chris worked for six years in Tampa as a commercial trade specialist for an international container shipping line.
Chris is a former Chair of the non-profit organization Tampa Connection. He sits on the Executive Council of the Business Law Section of the Florida Bar, currently serving as Vice Chair of the Rules of Court Committee. Chris most recently served as Chair of the Business Litigation Committee and was named Section Member of the Year in 2023. Previously, he served on the Board of Directors of the Bob Sierra YMCA in North Tampa. The son of a retired Army colonel, Chris has called the Tampa Bay area home since 1992.
- Florida State University College of Law
J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Florida
B.A., Political Science
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Shutts & Bowen LLP (2010-2014)
- Business Law Section of The Florida Bar Rules of Court Committee, Vice Chair (2023-present); Member of the Year (2023); Business Litigation Committee, Chair (2022-2023); Business Courts Task Force, Legislative Subcommittee Chair (2018-present); Civil Rules Task Force (2022-2023); Chapter 607 Drafting Subcommittee (2017-2019); Member (2011-present)
- Tampa Connection Immediate Past Chair (2020-2021); Chair (2019-2020); Board of Directors (2016-2022); Alumni Committee, Chair (2015-2016); Alumni Committee, Member (2014-2016); Graduate, Class of 2014
- Tampa Metropolitan YMCA Board of Directors, Bob Sierra Branch (2012-2017)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (2011-present); Member Services Committee (2011-2012)
- Federal Bar Association Member (2012-present)